Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter or Spring Basket with Shapes activity
Check out the activity I just made and did with my kindergarten class today! It is available for FREE from my Teachers Pay Teachers store. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Easter-or-Spring-Basket-with-Shapes.
See how my sample looks below.


This worksheet is great for reinforcing shapes and shape names. They are to choose 10-11 shapes (I used store bought foam shapes) that will fit in the basket but they cannot use ovals. This makes the students discriminate between shapes and allows you to assess whether they know the shape names. By writing the shape names at the bottom, they are able to practice their handwriting as well as how to spell the shape words. I had my students color in the basket too! The basket clipart was free from clker.com.


If you are using sign language in your classroom, this is a great way to introduce or reinforce the signs for the shapes too! You can find how to sign the basic shapes at this great site ASL Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment